Online Bangers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for TNB 2013

3 posters

Go down

Suggestions for TNB 2013 Empty Suggestions for TNB 2013

Post  Toward27 Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:51 pm

With the current discussion going on at the moment about championship qualification I thought I'd make a couple of suggestions for 2013.

Firstly, the pre-qualification method of the top 22 in the national points qualifying for all of the big titles. Whilst I agree that this is a good method as it rewards many of the regular racers, I can't help but think this is overused. With 6 championship meetings over the course of this year using this method we generally get the same bunch of drivers competing in all of the big races. Perhaps run half of the championship finals as pre-qualification and half as qualify on the night? That way we may well get a better mix of drivers in the title races whilst still rewarding regulars as they still qualify for some of the titles. Obviously if this was to be the case you would advertise at the start of the season which meetings are to be pre-qualified ones and which are qualifying on the night, so that people know when they need to get some points on the board etc. Before assumptions are made, this is in no way a moan at the current system of pre-qualification as I have qualified for every title this year using the current method.

Secondly, an issue brought up by Knighty82 in the Wimbledon World Final thread and expanded on by myself. Qualifying for Wimbledon WF is, and in my opinion correctly, based on WQ points. However, I would like to see some sort of attendance points brought in (and added to WQ points) so that regular drivers have an advantage over those who only show for the big meetings. Say 1 point per meeting, every meeting - from the first winter domestic in January up until say 2 weeks before the World Final. This could potentially give a maximum score of about 40 points. This would give regular drivers a nice advantage but will not see them qualify on attendance points alone, they would still have to get some points from the WQRs. Its also worth keeping in mind that even though you will score 40 points for racing every week, you won't have an advantage of 40 points over other drivers as everyone will of course pick up attendance points at some stage even if they only race at the WQRs.

Thoughts and further suggestions?

Toward27
Yellow Grade
Yellow Grade

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for TNB 2013 Empty Re: Suggestions for TNB 2013

Post  Dalags Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:37 am

was gunna make a similar topic!
as toward said, qualification needs a rethink imo
some sort of attendance points scheme would be brilliant, but potentially quite time consuming to do i imagine on nights where 50+ people are racing.
perhaps non points meetings can have WQ attendance points on them to encourage people to race?

the not starting on time has become a bit of a trademark this year for TNB, hopefully that can be wiped for next year. with ryan behind the MIs im sure thinks can improve. got through the teams quite quick anyway

fixtures being organised very late in the season had a bad effect on the league i recon, with the majority of the national points at the start of the season, which predetermined the top X in the nat points for quite some time. simple to sort, just spread the fixtures out next year Smile

only other things are the usual consistancy points that get raised throughout the season a number of times. swearing-enforce the rule or don't at all, cant do it some weeks and not others etc. oh less standlake meetings as it's pretty dull lol

enjoyed the first half of the season, just seemed to drop off in the later part
Dalags
Dalags
Star Grade
Star Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  jay_297 Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 pm

good points u make toward i was actually speaken to a few admin about this the other week i agree with u i would personally like it to be qualifaction on the night for most championship meets it would make it better in my opinion

if u remember m8 about 3 months ago i did say i would speak to lee about attendance points for next year so i will put that to rest of dp for next year

jay_297
Yellow Grade
Yellow Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Toward27 Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:08 am

This suggestion is more a universal Online Bangers thing than a TNB one but as there are no other suggestion type topics around this is the best place for it. I think the 1400 class/similar should be looked into. We have 2000cc which is dominated by Mondeos and Cortinas and we have 1400cc in which Cortinas can be used despite them being perfectly competitive 2000cc motors - Yet, other stuff such as A60s are banned from 1400 when they're inferior to the Cortina - this doesn't make any sense. I've suggested it before, perhaps we should have a regular 2000cc class and in place of a 1400cc class, a bilge class? So all stuff which is regularly used in 2000cc taken off the list and all the bilge type motors left regardless of what their engine size is in real life. Obviously some sort of debate would need to be had on which motors would fit this category, even the aforementioned A60s are perhaps a little stronger than most of the other unused cars. I only bring this up today as we enjoyed a superb bilge type meeting last night on WNB and feel that more of these style meetings would be a good move.

Toward27
Yellow Grade
Yellow Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  jay_297 Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:35 am

yh toward i agree tinea shouldnt be in there its something we will look it into in the winter season as im in next 2 weeks going to put a post up about sugestion for winter meets

jay_297
Yellow Grade
Yellow Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down